Date:      Sat, 5 Aug 2000 18:43:39 +0200
From:      Francesco Casadei <fcasadei@inwind.it>
Subject:   LS120 drive has a strange behaviour with 1.44MB floppy

   I've already posted a question about using 1.44MB floppy with an
LS120 drive. Thanks to Filippo Moretti for the quick answer, as you
suggested I've read tutorials at freebsd.org, but I couldn't find
anything. I've found a couple of questions like mine in the mailing
lists, but no answers! So the question is still valid...

   I have another question about LS120 (the last I hope).

 root> dd if=/cdrom/freebsd/floppies/kern.flp of=/dev/rafd0
 2880+0 records in
 2880+0 records out
 1474560 bytes transferred in 735.956097 secs (2004 bytes/sec)

   736 seconds => 12 min 16 sec. Does it seem reasonable? The
transfer rate is also very slow when I copy files to a 1.44 floppy
with an MSDOS filesystem. The hardware should be ok because it does
work under win2k.

		Francesco Casadei