Date:      Wed, 11 Feb 2015 19:09:08 -0800
From:      Rick Thomas <rbthomas@pobox.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   How to adjust clock frequency in FreeBSD 10.1 ?

Hi All,

I=92ve got a machine with a really bad clock.  When I run NTP on it, the =
freq goes straight to 500.0 (over a period of a few days) and stays =
there, while the offset grows and grows.

I recently switched this machine from Debian Linux to FreeBSD (wanting =
to learn more about FreeBSD).  Under Linux, I used adjtimex to modify =
the TICK value and (once I had converged on the right value) NTP was =
able to stabilize the clock.

Is there an equivalent hack for FreeBSD?

Thanks!
Rick=