Date:      Sun, 16 Jul 2000 01:37:36 -0500
From:      "Daniel Schrock" <dschrock@enteract.com>
To:        "Doug Barton" <DougB@gorean.org>, "Ben Smithurst" <ben@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: I cvsup'd, now nfs filesystems won't mount!

Actually, nfsiod was also running but I failed to mention it.  My bad.
nfs_client_enable="YES" is in my rc.conf, and the system worked perfect
before cvsuping.
I have not changed my system configuration.  Based on my config, this should
not be happening.
rc.conf is correct, fstab is correct, the required daemons are running.
I have yet to cvsup my gateway out of fear that my entire network will then
be broken.
But part of me thinks if I cvsup it, it may fix this problem (doubtful, and
not worth the risk considering this current problem with my webserver.)

/usr/home is also a mounted filesystem, so none of my users have access to
MySQL and PHP-based web content.  My gateway is only running a minimal
apache version so most web content is still available, but I need my
webserver back.

The thing I find really strange about it is that my other system that I
cvsup'd a couple days before mounts the file system with absolutely no
problems what-so-ever.  No hang, no pause, no error.  I'm baffled and very
upset by this experience.  On the lighter side, if life were easy, it'd be
boring....

Daniel Schrock