Date:      Sat, 14 Aug 1999 11:02:56 -0700
From:      Parker Brown <phbrown@gte.net>
To:        Tech Support <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Cannot Boot Up Into Single-User Mode

I've tried using  -s  at every available part of the booting process,
but that just doesn't seem to be an option.
It DID come up in single user mode, though, when I screwed up my
/etc/fstab file, but I don't seem to be able to selectively do so.
Seems that I would HAVE to boot up single user if root's password goes
astray (a la, an entry in the FAQ file)
Did I leave something out of the kernel when I rebuilt it?

PB