Date:      09 Sep 1998 16:31:05 -0500
From:      stephen farrell <stephen@farrell.org>
To:        Gary Jennejohn <gj@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        freebsd ports <ports@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: ports/7861

Gary Jennejohn <gj@FreeBSD.ORG> writes:

> Synopsis: xemacs20 port fails to build
>
> State-Changed-From-To: open-analyzed
> State-Changed-By: gj
> State-Changed-When: Wed Sep 9 14:11:19 PDT 1998
> State-Changed-Why:
> I just built xemacs20 under -current with no problem.
>
> Looks like the configure failed. It should dynamically figure out whether
> getpgrp takes an argument or not.
>
> What's in your config.log for the getpgrp test ?

I think this has to do with lesstif, actually.  If I config w/o motif
(--with-dialogs=athena), then all ok... i think lesstif-0.86.0 was
built with gcc28 inadvertantly, and that this is causing the problem
(though xscreensaver uses the new lesstif w/o any problems, so
??)--this is just a hunch.

configure:8082: checking whether getpgrp takes no argument
configure:8140: cc -o conftest -O   -I/usr/local/include     -I/usr/X11R6/includ
e  -L/usr/local/lib   -L/usr/X11R6/lib -R/usr/local/lib:/usr/X11R6/lib conftest.
c    -lXm -lpng  -ljpeg -lXpm -lXmu -lXt -lXext -lX11  -lSM -lICE -lkvm -lm   -l
util -lxpg4  1>&5
Bus error - core dumped
configure: failed program was:
#line 8085 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"

/*
 * If this system has a BSD-style getpgrp(),
 * which takes a pid argument, exit unsuccessfully.
 *
 * Snarfed from Chet Ramey's bash pgrp.c test program
 */
#include <stdio.h>
#include <sys/types.h>

int     pid;
int     pg1, pg2, pg3, pg4;
int     ng, np, s, child;

main()
{
        pid = getpid();
        pg1 = getpgrp(0);
        pg2 = getpgrp();
        pg3 = getpgrp(pid);
        pg4 = getpgrp(1);

        /*
         * If all of these values are the same, it's pretty sure that
         * we're on a system that ignores getpgrp's first argument.
         */
        if (pg2 == pg4 && pg1 == pg3 && pg2 == pg3)
                exit(0);

        child = fork();
        if (child < 0)
                exit(1);
        else if (child == 0) {
                np = getpid();
                /*
                 * If this is Sys V, this will not work; pgrp will be
                 * set to np because setpgrp just changes a pgrp to be
                 * the same as the pid.
                 */
                setpgrp(np, pg1);
                ng = getpgrp(0);        /* Same result for Sys V and BSD */
                if (ng == pg1) {
                        exit(1);
                } else {
                        exit(0);