Date:      Mon, 10 Apr 2006 21:31:56 -0300
From:      JoaoBR <joao@matik.com.br>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        Mark Linimon <linimon@lonesome.com>, Alexey Karagodov <karagodov@gmail.com>, Dennis Melentyev <dennis.melentyev@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: Disappointed

On Monday 10 April 2006 18:56, Mark Linimon wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 06, 2006 at 05:23:53PM +0400, Alexey Karagodov wrote:
> > ok. then, freebsd-developers may change "The Power To Serve" to "The
> > Power To Test", "FreeBSD is an advanced operating system " to "FreeBSD =
is
> > an advanced operating system in stage of forever development", etc. pay
> > money to use stable (working) product or help us to develope it for free
>
> That's right.  You now understand what Open Souru ce/Free Software/and so
> forth are all about.
>
> If you want something where guaranteed support comes bundled with the
> operating system, get Windows and a support contract, Solaris and a
> support contract, or possibly RedHat (or equivalent) and a support

that is probably an illusion you pay as long you do not depend on it but so=
on=20
you need it you could discover a reality which might be worse than setting =
on=20
open source

this is perhaps a case dependent situation and please do not flame me on th=
is,=20
you may have better experience dependent on your case or the skills of your=
=20
support - but unfortunatly the reality is pretty close to what I said - or=
=20
even worse

probably you paid all time to free your mind from preoccupations but certai=
nly=20
you paid for getting deeper into dependency =20

then when you discover what means *NIX is free in all terms you have few=20

=2D you pay more to get some "special" attention from your support
=2D try to catch up with knowledge in order not getting fucked again

because certainly you became stupid (technical speaking) trusting your=20
contract and not beeing forced to understand your system (may be exactly wh=
at=20
you wanted...?)

means your supposed freedom was castrated by your own imagination and you g=
ot=20
caught - well done ...=20

so better you get ready by thinking right before beeing the fool again

> contract. Otherwise, you are going to get "we will do our best to provide=
> system, for free, that works as well as possible for as many people as
> possible.

that ,,, is probably a very underestimated statement because the result is=
=20
much much better then this "as well as possible"

thank's
Jo=E3o