Date:      Tue, 28 Jul 1998 07:14:38 +0100
From:      Foo Yong <foo@bar.com>
To:        ben@rosengart.com, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ppp driving me nuts

Snob Art Genre wrote:

> PPP ON narcissus> show timeout
> Warning: show timeout: Invalid command
> Warning: show timeout: Failed 1

Did you mean show timers:

PPP ON roadrunner> show ?
(o) = Optional context, (c) = Context required
 bundle    : bundle details         ccp(o)    : CCP status
 compress  : VJ compression stats   escape(c) : escape characters
 filter    : packet filters         hdlc(c)   : HDLC errors
 ipcp      : IPCP status            lcp(c)    : LCP status
 link(c)   : (high-level) link info links     : available link names
 log       : log levels             mem       : mbuf allocations
 modem(c)  : (low-level) link info  mp        : multilink setup
 proto(o)  : protocol summary       route     : routing table
 stopped(c): STOPPED timeout        timers    : alarm timers
 version   : version string         who       : client list
 help      : Display this message
PPP ON roadrunner> show timers
IPCP throughput timer[0x48318]: freq = 1.00s, next = 0.10s, state =
running
modem throughput timer[0x65040]: freq = 1.00s, next = 0.60s, state =
running
modem CD timer[0x6765c]: freq = 1.00s, next = 1.00s, state = running
hdlc timer[0x67310]: freq = 60.00s, next = 20.00s, state = running
idle timer[0x49534]: freq = 300.00s, next = 125.70s, state = running
PPP ON roadrunner>

I did have problems a while ago, related to the fact that I was trying
to use my ESP at or above 230400 bps, but I don't think this is
related... I don't experience the weirdness you describe on a system
just cvsupped from this morning, should I send you my conf files ? I do
use a ppp.linkdown to get rid of the route when the link goes down and
reinstate the pseudo one, this might help.

Best Regards,

Pierre Y.

(Funny how many people have problems spelling the most common French
first name...)