Date:      Mon, 15 Dec 1997 23:30:39 -0700
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        "Alex.Boisvert" <boia01@gel.usherb.ca>
Cc:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>, nate@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Diffs for 1.1.2 (fwd)

> > Great, how about any special build trees, or mods to the original source
> > tree?
> >
> > I note the top of the diff contains lines like this, and there is no
> > javasrc/build/freebsd tree anywhere. :)
> >
> > *** orig/build/freebsd/GNUmakefile      Wed May 28 02:52:10 1997
> > --- javasrc/build/freebsd/GNUmakefile   Thu Nov 13 20:08:43 1997
> >

> I didn't cover this because it's (partly) explained in the README at the
> top of the hierarchy of the JDK source.
>
> I'm not home anymore, so I don't have my notes handy, but I think you'll
> have to do the following:
>
> mv javasrc/build/solaris javasrc/build/freebsd
> mv javasrc/src/solaris javasrc/src/freebsd
> rm -rf javasrc/build/win32
> rm -rf javasrc/src/win32
> rm -rf javasrc/src/ODBC

OK, I now have the following 4 files that didn't patch cleanly.  (Note,
I'm using a JDK1.1.2 source tree.  I'll worry about later versions once
I get the original version working...)

javasrc/src/freebsd/java/green_threads/src/iomgr.c.rej
javasrc/src/freebsd/java/green_threads/src/signals.c.rej
javasrc/src/freebsd/net/multicast.c.rej
javasrc/src/freebsd/net/socket.c.rej

However, upon closer inspection, they appear to be due to 'white-space'
differences and aren't functionally a problem.

Building now....

Nate