Date:      Sun, 01 Jul 2001 18:37:31 -0700
From:      W Gerald Hicks <gehicks@pacbell.net>
To:        Moritz Schmitt <m.schmitt@tarsius.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: samba-2.2.0a.tgz for 4.2-RELEASE

Moritz Schmitt wrote:

> Hello,
>
> why isn't there the samba-2.2.0a.tgz package for 4.2-RELEASE on the FreeBSD
> ftp machine? The package search engine finds it but it's a dead link. I only
> can find the samba-2.0.7.tgz package...
>
> -Moritz

Hi Moritz,

Why not just make the package yourself from ports?  I actually prefer to
build everything we use here from source whenever possible.  As a bonus,
there are times when you can actually get more functionality this way.

It _is_ an open source revolution after all...

--
W Gerald Hicks
gehicks@pacbell.net