Date:      14 Aug 1999 14:11:37 -0500
From:      Don Croyle <croyle@gelemna.ft-wayne.in.us>
To:        "george" <kf7nn1@cybertrails.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ed driver

"george" <kf7nn1@cybertrails.com> writes:

> I have a realtek 8029 card (PCI) which is detected and working
> by the ed1 driver, after removing the old ISA driver
> ed0 on ISA? from the kernel config file and making a new kernel
> it is not working, I re-enabled the ISA ed0 driver but get this message
> in the dmesg log.

If you take

  device ed0 at isa? port 0x280 net irq 5 iomem 0xd8000

out of your kernel configuration, you need to make sure that you still
have

  device ed0

in there somewhere to pick up the driver code.  The PCI card will
still be assigned ed1.

I thought that LINT had both variations, but looking through the
repository I guess it never did.  Maybe it should?
--
I've always wanted to be a dilettante, but I've never quite been ready
to make the commitment.