Date:      Thu, 14 Mar 2002 21:17:58 +0100
From:      Cliff Sarginson <csfbsd@raggedclown.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FTP problems.

On Wed, Mar 13, 2002 at 08:36:39PM -0500, Christopher J. Umina wrote:

<snip>
> Another thing I have to mention is that somebody
> put directories somehow on my public FTP site.  I had to shut that down..
> Is there anything I can do? (FreeBSD 4.5)

First please break your lines at column 68-72.
You need to set up your anonymous FTP site correctly.
Read an article in FreeBSD Diary, entitled "Anonymous FTP server",
dated 20 November 2001. Gives all the details you need for protecting
a publicly accessible FTP service.

www.freebsddiary.org

--
Regards