Date:      Sat, 5 Aug 2000 19:31:09 +0200
From:      Thomas Bader <thomas@t-bader.ch>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Cannot compile kernel on 4.1-RELEASE

* Kent Stewart <kstewart@urx.com> [000805 18:20]:
> Thomas Bader wrote:
> > I just tried to compile the kernel of FreeBSD 4.1-RELEASE (I
> > installed FreeBSD-4.0-CURRENT and synched /usr/src via
> > CVSup).  I created the options file in
> > /usr/src/sys/i386/conf/zeus (if you need it, I can post it),
> > went to /usr/src and started
> >=20
> >   make buildkernel KERNEL=3Dzeus
>=20
> Did you do a "make buildworld" first. If you use the buildkernel
> option, you have to have populated /usr/obj using the buildworld
> first.

Oops!  I'll try this.  Thank you for your hint.

Now, I see, this is mentioned in the handbook.  But I
overlooked, sorry.

Thomas
--=20
  .-.   Thomas Bader =B7 thomasb@trash.net.remove =B7 http://www.t-bader.ch=
/  .-.
  oo|                                                                     o=
o|
 /`'\     Einen Unix-Shellaccount gibt es unter http://www.trash.net/    /`=
'\
(\_;/)       PGP Key-ID: 0x3A4B7F5D (RSA)  0x7584F5D8 (DSA/EG)          (\_=
;/)