Date:      Sun, 30 Mar 1997 16:31:43 +0100
From:      Dave Gilbert <gilbertd@cs.man.ac.uk>
To:        "Jeffrey J. Mountin" <sysop@mixcom.com>
Cc:        questions@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Parallel fsck

Jeffrey J. Mountin wrote:

> The way the man page reads it does the / and then spawns and does the rest
> of the partitions that will be mounted in parallel.

Thats what I want it to do - but it isn't doing it.  Its doing / and
then doing all the rest one at a time. It should be able to do the 3GB
off my IDE, the 4GB off one of my SCSIs and one of the 4GBs off the
other SCSI all in parallel (after its done the 200MB root partition).

> Whether it is doing only one file system per drive or all at once should
> not make a real difference in regards to time, at least I would think.
> Especially since this is all that is going on at the time, if booting that is.

What? You don't think fsck'ing four partitions on the same drive in
parallel would be slower than series?? What about all the head step?

Dave
--
----------- (Phone: 0161-275-3547) ------------------------ Man can not
live  -