Date:      Wed, 17 May 2000 02:41:59 -0400
From:      "Thimble Smith" <tim@mysql.com>
To:        Donn Miller <dmmiller@cvzoom.net>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Wide-char support and libc

On Tue, May 16, 2000 at 11:52:32PM -0400, Donn Miller wrote:
> Anyone like the idea of adding wide char support to our libc?  Maybe
> we could port it over from {Net,Open}BSD or BSDi.  This would add the
> header file <wctype.h>, etc.

There's a mailing list, freebsd-i18n, that seems to be very active
regarding this topic (the archives show 0 posts).

The latest I found on it (searching the archives) is this:

http://www.whizkidtech.net/i18n/wc/

As far as I can tell, nothing's been done since last May.

http://www.FreeBSD.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=3798228+3803182+/usr/local/www/db/text/1999/freebsd-hackers/19990509.freebsd-hackers

Tim