Date:      Mon, 27 Oct 1997 10:47:53 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Fieber <jfieber@indiana.edu>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Mark Mayo <mark@vmunix.com>, www@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Link to a new Tutorial ?

On Sun, 26 Oct 1997, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> Your
> document, on the other hand, is not a FreeBSD Documentation project
> "product" and should therefore probably get a link under support,
> along with the other 3rd party resources.

I disagree slightly.  It should probably be mentioned that it
(and the IP aliasing tutorial) are maintained by third parties,
but it is clearly documentation about FreeBSD and should be on
the documentation page.

As an analogy, go to your friendly neighborhood Government
Document Depository library and try to find stuff.  Gov Docs are
(usually) organized by the agency that produces them rather than
topic.  Add to that semiannual agency splits, mergers and name
changes and you have a completely unusable system.

-john