Date:      Sat, 13 Jun 1998 09:02:13 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Stephen Mathezer <mathezer@harbor.ab.ca>
To:        malte@webmore.com
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: sendmail/dns/relaying question

You're probably right, a RAR on 123.123.123.123 gives fw.domain1.com.
Which should be OK because that is what the machine thinks that it is.

The problem I think is that when sending email to user@domain2.com, the MX
lookup for domain2.com will return fw.domain2.com as an MX but the
firewall doesn't know that it is also in domain2 since I don't know of any
way to make a machine know it is part of two domains. So the firewall
thinks something like:  I am called fw.domain1.com  the MXs for
domain2.com are fw.domain2.com and real_mail_server.domain2.com, I am not
an MX for domain2.com therefore I cannot relay.....

-Steve