Date:      Mon, 24 Aug 1998 10:35:50 -0700
From:      egravel@juno.com (Emmanuel Gravel)
To:        isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: RAID Controller

On Sun, 23 Aug 1998 22:55:14 +0200 "Lutz Rabing" <LutzRab@omc.net>
writes:
>We use 2.2.6 and need to setup a box with two 4GB drives. Speed is not
>an issue here, just security. Does anyone have a recommendation on a
>reasonable priced RAID controller that works fine with FreeBSD?

I was wondering pretty much the same thing.  I want to setup an external
RAID box on a FreeBSD machine.  Which ones will work?  Which controller
is the best/most stable/quickest to respond with FreeBSD?  I'm looking
for something hotswapable, with redundant power supplies.  I've been
looking
at Adaptec RAID controllers for now, and have been thinking of purchasing
dual PII MB with onboard RAID II port and AIC-7895 controller.  Any
suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Manu