Date:      Wed, 10 Nov 2004 23:14:27 -0500
From:      Louis LeBlanc <FreeBSD@keyslapper.org>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   /dev/io problem in 5.3

Just got through buildworld/kernel on 5.3.  Strange problem I can't
find the solution to.

Xorg won't start:

Fatal server error:
xf86EnableIO: Failed to open /dev/io for extended I/O

Please consult the The x.org Foundation support at http://wiki.X.org
for help.
Yada Yada Yada.

Only one hit on Google, and it's just a bug report.  Anyone else have
any ideas?  I know /dev/is supposed to be more dynamic in 5.3, but
this isn't working.

TIA
Lou
--
Louis LeBlanc               FreeBSD@keyslapper.org
http://www.keyslapper.org                     ԿԬ

Reporter, n.:
  A writer who guesses his way to the truth and dispels it with a
  tempest of words.