Date:      Mon, 19 Jun 2000 00:05:16 -0400
From:      "David N. Wu" <david.wu@utoronto.ca>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Kernel compilation error

Hey FreeBSD gurus!

I have config built the enviroment with config (/usr/sbin/config -g
FREEBIE) and it created a subdirectory in /usr/src/sys/compile/FREEBIE.
When I try to "make depend" i'm getting an error saying:

Makefile:28: *** missing separator.  Stop

At line 28 of the Make file, it has the following code:

28:  .if exist(./@/.)
29:  S= ./@
30:  .else
32:  .endif

I was wondering if you can help me out here, I'm just trying to get some
sound on my system.  Well enough complaining and hope to hear from you
guys later.  Thanks in advance!!!

David N. Wu