Date:      Fri, 11 Mar 2005 21:33:44 +0300
From:      =?windows-1251?Q?=C0=EB=E5=EA=F1=E0=ED=E4=F0_=C4=E5=F0=E5=E2=FF=ED?= =?windows-1251?Q?=EA=EE?= <aeder@list.ru>
To:        Free BSD Questions list <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Fast and reliable /tmp partition.

Hello Freebsd Questions,

I'm using DVD-R to back up our Perforce SCM server.
The size of backup data is 13Gb now and increase ~ 1Gb in two months.
The full backups was made every week, incrementary - every day.

I have made a custom script to start archiver, split on the fly results
to adequate sized files (< 1Gb),
evaluate checksum and burn it onto DVD.
The script also verify burned DVD by using stored checksums, and burn
DVD again if needed.
The problem is: i can't compose DVD's on the fly, i need to save them
somewhere.

I need to have a big, fast and reliable temporary filesystem.

It doesn't needed to survive reboots.
It must be fast writing. (RAID5 vinum array which i have is slow
performs writes)
And even if one of the disks in server computer will broke (i have a
vinum on them),
the backup procedure must still works.

Does anybody have expirience with temporary fast filesystems ?

Best Regards,
Alexander Derevianko.