Date:      Mon, 06 Apr 1998 16:19:17 -0700
From:      "Mark T. Ganzer" <ganzer@spawar.navy.mil>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   device nodes for Luigi's drivers?

I'm fairly new to FreeBSD, and am trying to build a dirt-cheap MBone
machine. I've installed 2.2.6-RELEASE and have gotten video working
using the Brooktree driver. I'm having problems, however, getting audio
set up using Luigi's audio driver. I'm using a Yamaha OPL-SA2 card, and
it appears that the card is being recognized:

(dmesg output)
pcm1 (CS423x/Yamaha <Yamaha SA2> sn 0xffffffff) at 0x530 irq 5 drq 1
flags 0x15
id 18

However now when I try to fire up a VAT session to see if audio is
working, I get device errors:

failed to select input: Bad file descriptor
failed to set mic volume: Bad file descriptor
failed set input line volume: Bad file descriptor
failed to set mic volume: Bad file descriptor
failed set input line volume: Bad file descriptor

And if I transmit audio from another machine to the session, VAT crashes
with the following output:

AudioAgent: no audio controller.
TkFontPkgFree: all fonts should have been freed already

It almost seems as if all the needed audio device nodes aren't set up
properly, however I haven't found any documentation for Luigi's driver
that tells me how exactly they should be set up. Anyone have any ideas
about what is going on? I feel like I'm THIS close....

-Mark Ganzer
ganzer@spawar.navy.mil