Date:      Thu, 6 Oct 2005 17:06:30 +0200
From:      "Simon L. Nielsen" <simon@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Peter Jeremy <PeterJeremy@optushome.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-www@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: new FreeBSD-webpage

--NKoe5XOeduwbEQHU

[Redirected to -www since that's where stuff about the web page should
be discussed, not -stable]

On 2005.10.06 21:17:50 +1000, Peter Jeremy wrote:

> I'd suggest that the most important feature that is missing is a
> website map.  The website looks nothing like it used to and many of my
> commonly referenced links are no longer on the home page.  Finding my
> way around is going to be very time consuming until I learn my way
> around it.

That sounds like a good idea.  We have
http://www.freebsd.org/search/index-site.html but it's in need of an
update, and probably some place more visible to be linked from.

> On the positive side, I'm glad that it's still usable with a text
> browser.

IMO actually even more than before.

> On the downside, I notice it now uses cookies.

AFAIR (I haven't double checked) it uses a cookie to remember if you
choose normal or large font - it's not required.

--=20
Simon L. Nielsen

--NKoe5XOeduwbEQHU

--NKoe5XOeduwbEQHU--