Date:      Wed, 8 Jul 2015 21:23:58 +0200
From:      Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Ovidiu Angelescu <angelescuo@yahoo.com>
Cc:        "pkg@freebsd.org" <pkg@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: A question (sugestion) please

--vGgW1X5XWziG23Ko

On Wed, Jul 08, 2015 at 05:23:59PM +0000, Ovidiu Angelescu via freebsd-pkg =
wrote:
> HelloMy name is Angelescu Ovidiu and I used to develop an old live iso ca=
lled RoFreeSBIE.I am trying to help now GhostBSD project.I like very much a=
ctual pkgng (pkg ) tool.The question is:Does actual pkg has triggers as deb=
ian apt ?Triggers are very usefull especially when upgrading/updating packa=
ges.In debian if package_1 install a trigger it is added in packages databa=
se and if package_2 writes files under certains directories defined by trig=
ger installed by package_1 then it's launched trigered script installed by =
package_1.
> As an example package_1=A0 is a configuration package for package_2 but i=
t's slight different than package_2 default config file. let's say I want a=
stabasta.jpg as background for kdm instead of kdm default.jpg.When kdm is u=
pdated/upgraded in config file kdm default.jpg is restored.If there are tri=
ggers a trigger search if I have astabasta.jpg instead of default.jpg and i=
f not it changes to astabasta.
> If actual pkg doesn't have triggers please implement this.It is very usef=
ull especially for rolling distro's and can be used when upgrading/updating=
 packages.
> Thank you
>=20
>=20

Triggers does not yet exist in pkg, it is a really useful feature (rather
complex to get done properly), but I am affraid that this is really low on =
the
TODO list please open a ticket on our github so maybe a volunteer will come=
 in
and work on that suggest ( we are a small team and there is lot of things to
work on in pkg)

https://github.com/freebsd/pkg

Best regards,
Bapt