Date:      Sun, 31 Jan 1999 07:06:05 -0800
From:      Don Wilde <dwilde1@thuntek.net>
To:        freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   The ISP Pyramid

After searching long and hard, and even asking on -isp, I finally found
a FreeBSD ISP, http://www.thuntek.net. It was actually a SOLARIS-based
ISP who steered me to thuntek, and they don't advertise themselves as
BSD-based. I think a worthy project would be to get all FreeBSD-based
ISP's to fess up and list themselves on the FreeBSD.org website, at the
very least.

The level of access I get -- and the inside scoop I have on THEIR
operations -- is an order of magnitude better than I get with CIS or
IBM.net or any of the others. I've got a normal shell account, personal
website, and 56K access, all for the same $20 everybody else wants.

The more we can support each other, the better. I'm sure there are loads
of FreeBSD ISP's and Web Hosts out there, and we users should support
them. Needless to say, MHO is that they should proudly display 'Powered
by FreeBSD' as well. :-)))
--
  oooOOO O O O o * * *  *   *   *