Date:      Sun, 1 Jul 2001 19:12:01 -0700
From:      "Timothy L. Robertson" <timothyr@timothyr.com>
To:        "Luca Hall" <luca_hall@hotmail.com>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: 4.2-RELEASE Fatal Trap 12 at boot

I had similar problems when I cvsuped RELENG_4 on Friday.  I would get a =
very similar crash at the same point in the boot process.  I had to boot =
off kernel.old (which I immediately copied to kernel.works so that when =
I did another build it would not get clobbered, BTW.)  I dropped down to =
RELENG_4_3, and had a problem with the build at ipfilter.  I don't use =
ipfilter, so I just removed it from the Makefile.  I finished the build =
and things have been fine since.  I has been a weekend, however, when my =
FreeBSD system has required much more attention than I have been =
accustomed to.

-Tim
timothyr@timothyr.com