Date:      Mon, 9 May 2011 19:38:25 -0400
From:      Jason Hellenthal <jhell@DataIX.net>
To:        Devin Teske <dteske@vicor.com>
Cc:        'Doug Barton' <dougb@FreeBSD.org>, freebsd-rc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: [RFC][Change-Request] Create usefulness in rc.subr etc/rc.conf.d/*.conf namespace.

--SkvwRMAIpAhPCcCJ

Devin,

On Mon, May 09, 2011 at 04:01:14PM -0700, Devin Teske wrote:
> [...]

Thank you again for reponding and calling more attention and adding some=20
more intuitive knowledge behind this.

I would like to add a note to you on this though. I see one possible=20
problem with the way it is right now in the patch. It is procesed after=20
rc.conf, rc.conf.local so it does override those values. Should instead it=
=20
be treated the opposite and process before rc.conf, rc.conf.local so it=20
can be overridden by a more centralized config ?

I see a greater potential having it act as a user specified defaults than=
=20
I do a rc.conf or rc.conf.local override. What do you think ? everyone=20
else ? Doug ?

--=20

 Regards, (jhell)
 Jason Hellenthal