Date:      Mon, 14 Oct 2002 13:50:31 +0200
From:      "Karel J. Bosschaart" <karelj@wop21.wop.wtb.tue.nl>
To:        "Georg-W. Koltermann" <g.w.k@web.de>
Cc:        Spike Gronim <wwg@andrew.cmu.edu>, freebsd-emulation@FreeBSD.ORG, ak@freenet.co.uk
Subject:   Re: VMware under FreeBSD

On Mon, Oct 14, 2002 at 12:19:49PM +0200, Georg-W. Koltermann wrote:
> I use VMware 2, /usr/ports/emulators/vmware2.  I don't know if VMware 3
> will work.  I don't feel like upgrading and spending more money :-)
>
> --
> Regards,
> Georg.
>
> Am Fr, 2002-10-11 um 17.19 schrieb Spike Gronim:
> >
> > 	I'd like to buy VMware and use it on my FreeBSD box. I used an old
> > version of VMware on FreeBSD years ago, but have not paid attention to current
> > developments. The emulators/vmware port is marked broken; does VMware work? If
> > I buy Workstation 3.2, will it work under FreeBSD? Please CC: me as I'm not
> > subscribed to the list. Thanks.

emulators/vmware2 works fine for me as well. However, I'm not sure if you
can still purchase a VMware 2 license. I have a VMware 3 license lying
around for a year now, but never used it since VMware 3 hasn't made its
way into ports. I hope it will happen, but until then I'm fine with version 2.
Occasionally there is some discussion about VMware 3 on the -emulation list.
You might search the archive.

Karel.