Date:      Tue, 24 Sep 2002 13:03:18 -0500
From:      "Scot W. Hetzel" <hetzels@westbend.net>
To:        "nobody nobody" <freebsd_stable@hotmail.com>, <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: release 4.7

From: "nobody nobody" <freebsd_stable@hotmail.com>
> I am planning to setup a mail/web server under freebsd release 4.7 in the
> near future.  However, I have a few questions and wnat to knoe about it
> before I start the jobs.
>
> 1. Is smtp auth for sendmail automatically support under 4.7
No, you need to install either the security/cyrus-sasl or
security/cyrus-sasl2 ports.  Then you need to install a sendmail w/SASL
support. This can be accomplished in two ways:

1. Edit /etc/make.conf and change the appropriate SENDMAIL_* variables (see
/etc/make.conf and PREFIX/share/doc/cyrus-sasl*/Sendmail.README). Then do a
build/installworld in /usr/src.

2. install the mail/sendmail port with SASL enabled during build/install.

Scot