Date:      Wed, 17 May 2000 00:02:27 -0700
From:      Chris Piazza <cpiazza@jaxon.net>
To:        Thimble Smith <tim@mysql.com>
Cc:        Donn Miller <dmmiller@cvzoom.net>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Wide-char support and libc

On Wed, May 17, 2000 at 02:41:59AM -0400, Thimble Smith wrote:
> On Tue, May 16, 2000 at 11:52:32PM -0400, Donn Miller wrote:
> > Anyone like the idea of adding wide char support to our libc?  Maybe
> > we could port it over from {Net,Open}BSD or BSDi.  This would add the
> > header file <wctype.h>, etc.
>
> There's a mailing list, freebsd-i18n, that seems to be very active
> regarding this topic (the archives show 0 posts).

It's probably not being archived properly.  I subscribed to this list
on the 24th of april and the first message was on the 5th of may.

% grep '^From ' freebsd-i18n | wc -l
      19

Nothing was said about wc* in those 19 messages anyway.

> The latest I found on it (searching the archives) is this:
>
> http://www.whizkidtech.net/i18n/wc/
>
> As far as I can tell, nothing's been done since last May.

-Chris
--
cpiazza@jaxon.net      | yawn.....
cpiazza@FreeBSD.org    | Abbotsford, BC, Canada