Date:      Thu, 15 Jul 1999 18:33:58 +0200 (MEST)
From:      "Michael C. Vergallen" <mvergall@double-barrel.be>
To:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: HELP !

On Wed, 14 Jul 1999, Mike Smith wrote:

> > I've just seen my router lockup ... And now it gives me /kernel bad DMI
> > checksum. What does that mean ?
>
> It's harmless; it just tells you that your BIOS vendor doesn't know how
> to do basic arithmetic.
That is strange ... all my bios chips come from the same vendor and none
besides that one give the error. As the board was rather old I've replaced
it and the error message did go away... However same bios vendor. However
I did put in a new faster cpu just to safe that the router was powerfull
enough and y2k safe... plus I've given the router 96MB of RAM and now it
works like a charm.

Michael