Date:      Fri, 23 Apr 2004 11:43:03 -0500
From:      "Danny" <bchadmin@eagleroaming.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   4.9R changing MTA to Postfix - no periodic.conf

Greetings,

So I have installed Postfix from the ports, read the pkg-message, read the
changing the MTA in the handbook, and did a bit of searching.

So after the switch, I obviously get:

Apr 23 03:01:00 mx1 postfix/sendmail[2175]: fatal: unsupported: -bh
Apr 23 03:01:01 mx1 postfix/sendmail[2176]: fatal: unsupported: -bH

Because I did not:

"Also, you will want to disable some Sendmail-specific daily maintenance
routines in your /etc/periodic.conf file:

daily_clean_hoststat_enable="NO"
daily_status_mail_rejects_enable="NO"
daily_status_include_submit_mailq="NO"
daily_submit_queuerun="NO""

However, I do not have a periodic.conf. How is the periodic running without a
config file?

Could someone please show me there periodic.conf file and why they chose the
options they did, or maybe baseline.

Thank you!