Date:      Mon, 22 Mar 1999 11:13:00 +0100
From:      Alexander Maret <maret@axis.de>
To:        "'freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org>
Cc:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   card0 Device not configured

Sorry, i already posted this message but as i'm not sure that it
arrived in the mailing list i repost it know:

Hello,

sorry if this topic has already been discussed, but I'm new to this
list and could not find a solution in the archive, though many people
had very similar problems.

If I invoke pccardc with the option "pccardmem 0xd0000" I get the
error message: "Device card0 not configured". I'm running FBSD 3.1R.
I first tried to remove the kldload command in rc.pccard, and enabled
kernel support for device card0 + the pcic entries. As this didn't
work I disabled the pcic entries in kernelconfig and reactivated
the kldload command in rc.pccard. The same error as above. Then I
read in the archive that some people had to add a card1 device +
more pcic entries in the kernel config file, but even this didn't
work for my configuration.

Did anybody solve this problem?

My /dev/card0 is there and i even deleted and remade it several times.
I've even added card1, card2, card3 and card4 device.
If I do a "pccardc dumpics" I get: "0 devices configured".
At boottime I see a message that pccard-device "ed" has been added.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

 Alex