Date:      Fri, 03 Sep 2010 10:14:20 -0700
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
To:        David Brodbeck <gull@gull.us>
Cc:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Weird Linux - FreeBSD/ZFS NFSv4 interoperability problem

On 9/3/10 9:08 AM, David Brodbeck wrote:
> (Note: I originally posted this to freebsd-questions, and it was
> suggested I take it here.)
>
> While doing some interoperability testing between Linux and FreeBSD, I
> came up with this unusual issue.  I could use some help figuring out
> if this is a bug, and if so, where to file it.  Here's the scenario:
>
> - FreeBSD 8.1-RELEASE server, sharing a ZFS filesystem via NFSv4.

to help change and test things
try using ZFS V28 with the virtualbox virtual machine that pjd
announced yesterday.

--Quote--
Here you can find VirtualBox Appliance (113MB) with
FreeBSD 9-CURRENT and ZFSv28:

	http://people.freebsd.org/~pjd/misc/FreeBSD9_ZFSv28_0.1.tgz

Untar it, import it (zfsv28.ovf) to VirtualBox and have fun.
----
In fact having a virtualbox 9.0 machine may help solve things anyhow
as 9.0 has new nfs code too.