Date:      Sun, 1 Jan 2006 10:30:19 +0100
From:      Szilveszter Adam <sziszi@bsd.hu>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Caching CVSUP

On Sun, Jan 01, 2006 at 04:49:36PM +1100, Dave Horsfall wrote:
> Is it possible for the laptop to use the server as a CVSUP cache, somehow?
> That is, check with the server first, and if not found then get the new
> port whilst refreshing the server at the same time.  I'm thinking that the
> server would do a CVSUP each night (or whenever).

You can setup a CVS repository mirror on your server and then install a
cvsup server on it and share the collection. But be aware that this
method needs quite a bit of diskspace and also a fast disk and large
memmory for the cvsup process to be fast. But the advantage is that you
will have the complete repository on your server so after syncing, you
will be able to use it totally offline.

Hope this help!

P.S. Happy New Year!
--