Date:      Mon, 3 May 2010 21:10:16 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com>
To:        x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: xfce4 and xorg-7.5

Found the identical situation--xfce quits on startup--on a completely
different computer, a Dell notebook.

These two computers both have a 8-stable from the last two days and
latest ports.  They both have Radeon boards, an X1650 and an ancient
built-in FireGL 9000.  If xfce4-session is deinstalled, xfce4 starts
every time.

I had written earlier that xfce remains running when the dbus error
doesn't occur.  That's not correct, I've seen it both ways.  The dbus
error causes xfce4-session and sometimes xfce4-panel to core dump.

An xfce4-session backtrace from the Dell has been added to the
information at http://www.wonkity.com/~wblock/xfce-xorg/ .