Date:      Mon, 13 Nov 2000 18:29:02 -0500 (EST)
From:      Todd Cohen <cohentl@clarkson.edu>
To:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   SuperProbe segfault

Hi,
	I've been trying to get X going on my AlphaStation 200 with a
Cirrus Logic 5464 video card. I use xf86config to generate the config file
but when I run startx the server crashes after a few seconds. If I try
starting in 16bpp the server tells me it can only find 64k of ram and that
no screens found or something like that. This card has 2 megs of ram on it
so I figured I'd run SuperProbe to see what it finds. Well, SuperProbe
crashes without giving me any data. Here is a backtrace. Is this a known
problem? I use to have X working on this I believe with a Diamond Stealth
3D 2000 card which also uses the SVGA server. I have re-installed with a
newer version of FreeBSD since then though. I'm running 4.1 Release (4.1.1
wouldn't boot into the install menu if I remember correctly) which
yesterday was updated to 4.2-Beta something via cvsup yesterday. Any
help/pointers would be appreciated. Also, is there a normal VGA server
available?

Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation
fault. 0x160055598 in outb () from /usr/lib/libio.so.1
(gdb) bt
#0  0x160055598 in outb () from /usr/lib/libio.so.1
#1  0x1200134b8 in _init ()
#2  0x120012788 in _init ()
#3  0x120002a34 in _init ()
Error accessing memory address 0xfffffffffffffffd: Bad address.