Date:      Tue, 05 Nov 2013 14:25:53 +0100
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Jean-S=E9bastien_P=E9dron?= <dumbbell@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Suggestions for new graphics card?

--HSTbn7iPdAvss5rWt5rWXAeLc9KcswLxh

On 05.11.2013 12:46, Jonathan Anderson wrote:
> Hello -x11@,

Hi!

> I'm currently running 10.0-BETA1 with an Intel 82Q35 integrated graphic=
> chipset. I'm pleased as punch that everything seems to "just work", but=

> this hardware won't drive the 2560x1440 display that I've got my eye on=
=2E
> I went looking for information about cards supported by FreeBSD, and I
> found our wiki to be a little... confusing.

I'm working on an update to the "Graphics" wiki article (and related page=
s).

Here's a link to the draft, which includes a supported video cards matrix=
:
https://wiki.freebsd.org/JeanS%C3%A9bastienP%C3%A9dron#Tested_hardware_ma=
trix

I don't have the informations for NVIDIA or Intel video cards. I filled
the matrix with all the reports I received about Radeon.

To sum up: all Radeon cards up-to HD6000 should work. HD7000 is
supported, but I have no idea if our driver (based on Linux 3.8)
contains all the necessary bits to provide full 3D support. HD8000 and
the latest Rx family are not supported.

--=20
Jean-S=E9bastien P=E9dron