Date:      Mon, 2 Jan 2006 20:18:30 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Brian John" <brianjohn@fusemail.com>
To:        "Fabian Keil" <freebsd-listen@fabiankeil.de>,"brianjohn@fusemail.com , (Brian John) (bill paul)" <freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: driver for CompUSA wireless card?

> wpaul@FreeBSD.ORG (Bill Paul) wrote:
>
> > > I just picked up CompUSA's generic PCI 802.11g card.  FreeBSD did
> > > not recognize it after my install.   I was able to get it to
> > > install using windows drivers.  However, if possible I would like
> > > to use one of the native FreeBSD drivers.  I've never done this
> > > sort of thing before.
>
> > Until such time as you do pciconf -lv to show us the PCI vendor/device
> > ID for the card, there's no way anyone can help you.
>
> Brian mailed to freebsd-questions as well, but with another subject and
> slightly more information. The card seems to work with ndis, but the
> netmask was wrong.
>
> Fabian
> --
> http://www.fabiankeil.de/

Yes, I did also post to freebsd-questions about a different thing.  I try
to keep my specialized questions to their respective lists.  Sorry about
not giving more detail about the card, I wasn't sure how to get the info
you needed.  Anyway, I did the 'pciconf -lv' and the output is below.  It
would be cool if I could stop using the ndis driver if it's possible.

Thanks

/Brian

pciconf output:
ndis0@pci0:10:0:        class=0x020000 card=0x818510ec chip=0x818510ec