Date:      Mon, 19 Jun 2000 08:03:58 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Glen Foster <gfoster@gfoster.com>
To:        doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Translation problem

Although it pains me to admit that I can remember back that far...

Purple Haze was a particular "brand" of LSD that was named after the
song rather than the other way around.  IRRC, it was one of the first
"blotter acids" and was produced in the SF area.  I may be a little
off on dates but I seem to recall that PH LSD did not appear before
1969 or 1970 while the song was getting air play in the spring/summer
of 1967.

Glen Foster <gfoster@gfoster.com>