Date:      Thu, 14 Mar 2002 22:16:35 +0100 (MET)
From:      Claes =?ISO-8859-1?Q?N=E4st=E9n?= <pekdon@gmx.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   FreeBSD won't boot from install CD

Hi!
I'm not 100% sure I'm maling this to the right address but I'll give it a
try anyway. My problem, the FreeBSD install CD won't boot! :( It stops when
printing info about the hardrive saying model info(Fujitsu MPD3173AT), ATA66 and
size 16500Mb(not sure about if that is correct tough! :/ ) ... then nothing
else won't happen, I've tried waiting and I know the cd boots, worked on
another computer. I think it possibly is the hardrive itself that causes this
problem, or the hardrive together with the via chipset on my motherboard(Asus
A7V133-VM MicroATX) as I also had an via chipset "old" motherboard(Abit VP6)
and it wouldn't boot on that computer either... still using the same hardrive
that is!
And, I've tried to disable drivers and played around a little with the other
hardware in the machine, some said it might had to do with my realtek nic
_BUT_ I had an 3com in my other so it shouldn't be that either.

What else to say, I've successfully booted both Net and Open BSD on that
machine, also Solaris and Linux so it shouldn't be a pure hardware problem,
right?

Have a little bit more complete specs on my computer at,
http://pekdon.babblica.net/index.php?page=about , please redirect this mail to the correct
location if this isn't the right one, would be very gratefull!

Any ideas? Would be happy to hear about them! :)

// Claes Nästén

http://www.gmx.net