Date:      Sat, 05 Aug 2000 18:10:31 -0400
From:      Bob Collins <pineypl@bellsouth.net>
To:        Questions <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   SB16 and no sound (sorry 'bout 'nother snd question)

I'll start with an apolgy for asking about sound and the SB 16 card
(ISA). I have searched the archives and found nothing that has helped me
get sound from this PIA card. BTW, it is a true ISA SB 16 card.

I am running 4.0 release with a custom kernel. In the kernel I have:
[snip]
# Trying pcm driver for sound
device sbc0 at isa? port 0x220 irq 5 drq 1 flags 0x15
device pcm0 at isa? port? irq 5 drq 1 flags 0x15
[snip]

First question is; do I need both in the kernel?

dmesg reports:
[snip]
sbc0: <Soundblaster 16> at port 0x220-0x22f irq 5 drq 1 flags 0x15 on
isa0
sbc0: setting card to irq 5, drq 1, 5
pcm1: <SB DSP 4.11> on sbc0
[snip]

These tell me the card is found and available, however I cannot get any
sound from the cdrom (which is configured in the kscd properly). I have
also tried the media player under kde and it too does not produce sound.

I have tested the card using the SB DOS diagnostics after booting from a
DOS floppy, and the card works perfectly.

So, my second question is; what am I missing?

Thanks.
--
Bob Collins Driving my '95 E36/5 Active >> Sport
on the www.InternetCoast.com