Date:      Tue, 30 May 2000 15:24:19 -0500
From:      lambert@cswnet.com
To:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Cucipop port/source

In <20000530161256.A17694@setzer.chocobo.cx>, on 05/30/2000
   at 04:12 PM, Chip Marshall <chip@setzer.chocobo.cx> said:

>On May 30, 2000, spork sent me the following:
>> With yet another QPopper bug, we're thinking of moving to cucipop.  I have
>> a few questions for anyone who may be using it:
>>
>> -how do you like it?
>> -any gotchas or incompatibilities in your userbase when you made the move?
>> -did you get db support working?

>We switched over to it a while back after we had a break in involving one
>of the older versions of qpopper, and it seems to be doing quite well. We
>had no problem moving over at all, just killed qpopper, started cucipop,
>and everything worked fine.

We tried Cucipop on our 3.2-STABLE mail server.  It worked until we added
a second CPU.  At that point Cucipop would work fine for a couple of days
and then just quit.  We didn't have time to debug it so we just went back
to QPopper.

I would be interested in hearing from people with SMP systems and Cucipop.

--
Scott Lambert
lambert@cswnet.com