Date:      Thu, 07 Jun 2001 23:28:32 +0200
From:      Cynic <cynic@mail.cz>
To:        BSD Freak <bsd-freak@mbox.com.au>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Different document roots for secure HTTP and HTTP

Hi there,

you can either use IP-based VHosts like this:

<VirtualHost 111.222.333.444:80>
   ServerName www.domain.com
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 111.222.333.555:443>
   ServerName secure.domain.com
</VirtualHost>

Or, if you only have one IP for that host, name-based VHosts
are possible. Note, that this solution is a workaround. as
you can read in the Apache manual.

Name-based VHost for HTTPS _does_ work _if_ it is the first
VHost defined in your httpd.conf.

------end of quote------

cynic@mail.cz