Date:      Sun, 5 Nov 1995 14:22:56 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   dial-on-demand PPP

Hi..

	Just started playing with the PPP implementation that is in
2.0.5R, and got it most of the way towards being able to use 'ppp -auto'
to do dial-on-demand, but seem to have hit a snag.

	Now, I've sent up the appropriate entry, as per the man
page, and the example files, in /etc/ppp.conf:

#/etc/ppp/ppp.conf
#
default:
 set device /dev/ttyd1
 set speed 38400
 disable lqr
 deny lqr
 set dial "ABORT BUSY ABORT NO\\sCARRIER TIMEOUT 5 \"\" ATE1Q0 OK-AT-OK \\dATDT\\T TIMEOUT 40 CONNECT"
#
iij-demand:
 set debug lcp
 set phone 3634621
 set login "TIMEOUT 5 login:-\\r-login: <userid here> word: <passwd here>"
 set ifaddr 199.166.238.138 198.133.36.11/24
 add 0 0 HISADDR

Now, all this looks right, I think, according to said documents, but
when I try to ping out to start the connection, I get a No Route to
host error, and it doesn't try to dial out.

So...I'm assuming I'm missing something in my iij-demand entry.

Anyone out there have this working, that can send me a copy of their
/etc/ppp/ppp.conf file, or can explain what it looks like I'm missing?

Thanks :)