Date:      Fri, 18 May 2001 13:04:19 -0400
From:      Skip <vze2j9fk@verizon.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Change video mode with Framebuffer?

Can I change the video mode with the FreeBSD framebuffer console like
linux?

I'm trying to get used to FreeBSD from linux but I can't get a decent
looking display without X.  Some kind soul here at least told me my
video card is broken and can't do VESA, otherwise I'd still be playing
with vidcontrol.

Anyway, with the linux fb I change to 128x48 upon boot.  Can I do this
with the FreeBSD fb?  It seems to me like the linux framebuffer and fbsd
framebuffer have the same name but do different things.  Or I could just
be totally confused.

Thanks.
--
Skip