Date:      Sat, 22 Feb 1997 17:36:25 -0800
From:      John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
To:        wangel@wgrobez1.remote.louisville.edu
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: More "death" on "make world"....

In article <Pine.NEB.3.95.970222012722.13833A-100000@wgrobez1.remote.louisville.edu>,
Gary Roberts  <wangel@wgrobez1.remote.louisville.edu> wrote:
> I seem to remember someone posting a line that we could add to our
> supfile.cvsup to get the srcs right before the lite2 merge, however I
> can't find it.  Anyone remember it?  *default something, but when I add
> *default cvsup says it can't find the *default package or something
> *shrug*.

Add "*default date=97.02.10.00.00.00" at the front of the cvsupfile.
DON'T do this if you're getting the CVS repository -- do it only
if you're getting the checked-out sources.  I.e., don't do this
unless your cvsupfile lines already contain "tag=.".

If using "*default" gets you an error message, then you need to upgrade
your CVSup to the current version (14.1.1).  The "*default" feature
was introduced in version 14.0.

Well, you *should* upgrade, but if you don't want to then you can
just add "date=97.02.10.00.00.00" on every line of your cvsupfile.

PS - Please everybody _do_ upgrade.  Some weird repository changes
are coming soon (in connection with the $FreeBSD$ thing).  If you're
running an old version and have problems, well hey, I warned you
at least a month ago already. :-)  If you're running a CVSup server,
you will _need_ to be running 14.1.1, or your server is likely to
die from the coming repository hiccup.