Date:      Thu, 14 Mar 2002 15:18:06 -0600
From:      "Seth Henry" <jshamlet@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Linksys USB100TX PHY problems

I posted this once before, but I'm not sure it made the list.

I have a FreeBSD 4.5-RELEASE system with a Linksys USB100TX USB ethernet
adapter. The adapter is detected, and assigned a device node (aue0), and I
can manually ifconfig the interface. However, it reports "no carrier" under
status - and I get no link light. It almost looks as though it was a media
select problem, but the USB100TX only has 1 PHY that I know of.

The adapter works properly under Windows, so I know it isn't a hardware or
network problem.

Also, when the adapter is plugged in, usbd takes a *very* long time to
start, compared to normal. Does anyone have any idea why this might be
occurring and how to fix it?

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Seth Henry