Date:      Sun, 16 Mar 2003 22:01:34 +1100
From:      "J.'LoneWolf' Mattsson" <lonewolf@earthmagic.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, sos@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Sil 0680 ATA133 not attaching properly

Crap BIOS it appears. Five dead floppy drives (out of six available) and
one BIOS update later, I now get the Sil controller probed by the BIOS, and
it prints out its banner. Takes forever for it to start scanning for
attached disks however, and once it does, it doesn't find any. Go figure.
As such, I guess there's not much FreeBSD can do other than ignore it...
pity, I'll have to make do with the ATA100 controller instead (which works
without any problems at all, thank goodness).

Still find it a bit odd that an old pentium motherboard can deal with the
controller, whereas a p3 board can't. Oh well.

Sorry for wasting your time and bandwidth.
/Johny
            Johny Mattsson                  / \__/\
        lonewolf@earthmagic.org           /'     , :
       http://www.earthmagic.org         ;   ( o   o
    irc.sorcery.net:9000 as LoneWolf     /   ,   ~. \
   System Designer / Support Engineer   / (  `- ..__"