Date:      Thu, 7 Mar 2002 21:19:48 +1100
From:      Scott Aitken <null0@pobox.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   sshd[39852]: error: socket: Protocol not supported

Hi All,
I have set up an SSH connection to a machine, over which I forward http proxy requests to the SSH server which is also running Apache with proxying enabled.
In order to get through the firewall at work, I added PORT 443 to the /etc/ssh/sshd_config file (so it now listens on 22 AND 443).  I then used port forwarding from localhost:8080 to remotehost:80 and set my proxy in my browser to localhost:8080.
Anyway, this all works fine, except for the following error, which is displayed MANY times:

	host sshd[39852]: error: socket: Protocol not supported
	host /kernel: Mar  7 20:25:14 gandalf sshd[39852]: error: socket: Protocol not supported

I was wondering why this error was occurring and also how to stop it.
TIA,
Scott