Date:      Sat, 29 Apr 2000 20:02:47 -0300
From:      "Nicolau Werneck" <nwerneck@net.em.com.br>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Sound Blaster 16 istallation

	Hello...

	I'm trying to install a SB16  board on my 486 (with
FBSD3.4....), but it refuses to work :/      Well, I think the problem
is in the piece between the keyboard and the chair!
	First, it happeend some conflict between the board and the
disk-controller, and the system hung before boot. So, I plugged the
CD-ROM drive (sony CDU 311) on the SB board. Then, the system
booted, but the SO couldn't find the Cd-ROM drive!! :/
	I kept on, trying (is this correct? :> ) to play a WAV. I ran the
sh MAKEDEV snd0 command, but the play programm didn't
worked ("/dev/dsr: Device not configured").
	The reason i'm writing, is because, reading the handbook, it
looks like everithing is automatic, and searching by the freeBSD
site, i couldn't find anything about sound boards... Is there any
configuration i have to do in the kernel????

	thanks...

Nicolau Werneck